Sustainable Energy Week: Policy Conference programme
The 2015 EU Sustainable Energy Week Policy Conference will be held from 16 to 18 June 2015 at two venues in Brussels: the European Commission’s Charlemagne building and the Committee of the Regions' Jacques Delors building.
The Conference, which attracts energy experts, policy-makers, representatives of the civil society and the media, will focus on four main events:
- The European Commission will hold several policy sessions on topics related to secure, clean and efficient energy.
- Energy stakeholders have also been invited to contribute and their proposals are currently being evaluated by the Commission.
- The Sustainable Energy Awards ceremony will reward three projects in three categories: renewable energy; energy efficiency; and cities, communities and regions.
- Finally, an interactive exhibition and networking village will support the three-day event.
The Commission has already proposed several sessions to cover the main Conference themes, and the programme will be updated regularly:
Tuesday, 16 June
- Energy Efficiency First – opening session
- Towards an integrated energy system
- Energy Awards Ceremony
- Cohesion Policy investments in sustainable energy 2014-2020
- Public Private Partnership as a tool to accelerate energy innovation
Wednesday, 17 June
- Fair, Clean, and Efficient Energy System in South East Europe and the Neighbourhood European Cities' Day – How Smart Cities and Communities and Covenant of Mayors contribute to the EU Energy Union objectives
- Investment framework for Energy Efficiency the way forward
Thursday, 18 June
- Tapping the Potentials in the Building and the Heating and Cooling Sectors
- Women in renewable energy
- Distributed generationy
Please keep an eye on this web page for further updates of the programme, venues and schedules.
We look forward to the engagement of hundreds of Energy Day organisers across Europe. Energy Days can take place during the entire month of June 2015. More information on the Energy Days will follow shortly.How to become an Energy Day organiser ?